Memorial Day Weekend Schedule
6:45am, 8:30am and 4:30pm classes
ABOUT BIKRAM YOGA
Bikram yoga is a demanding series of 26 postures (asanas) that works the entire body for 90 minutes and is a form of hatha yoga designed by Bikram Choudhury. Every muscle, joint, ligament, tendon and organ in the body can receive benefit from this class.
The class is twenty-six asana series designed to scientifically warm and stretch muscles, ligaments and tendons, in the order in which they should be stretched. It is practiced in a heated room, usually up to 105 degrees Fahrenheit. The heated room allows your muscles to warm up quickly and improve circulation, help eliminate toxins, and significantly reduce the risk of injury during deep muscle stretching. The series is designed for all levels, first time students and experienced practitioners alike.
Bikram yoga is the perfect marriage of strength, flexibility, and balance. It trains the mind in five ways: to have faith in yourself, to learn self-control, to gain determination, to improve concentration, and to build patience.
It is an incredible workout that not only works your body, but your mind and your soul. To learn more about Bikram yoga visit www.bikramyoga.com. The more you put into the class, the more you will get out of it. Bring a large towel, bottle of water, and washcloth. Come to class with an empty stomach and an open mind. Be patient with yourself and enjoy!
- New students must arrive 15 minutes early to register
- Come with an empty stomach (don't eat 2 hours prior to class)
- Be prepared to work hard and sweat
- Wear light clothing (men: jogging shorts,t-shirts optional, women: shorts, leggings and tank top)
- Bring bottled water, large towel and yoga mat
- After 10 days students must have their own mat
- All students arrive on time please
- No cologne or perfume AND No cell-phones or pagers please